Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Saw Love Today

I saw Love today at Sam’s Club.

My sister and I were picking up a few groceries this afternoon. As my sister browsed through the deli, I noticed a man about in his 60s selecting some lunch meat. Next to him was another older man (I guessed his brother) in a wheel chair. He appeared to have Down Syndrome. The first man who was accompanying him carefully maneuvered his grocery cart as well as his brother’s wheel chair, while smiling kindly at everyone he made eye contact with. He acted with perfect patience as he made his way through the store. I don’t know for sure that they were brothers, but I do know one thing for sure: I saw Love today at Sam’s Club.

3 comments:

  1. Aawww. Such a sweet post. (:

    BTW I love the blog title and the tagline. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment!

    i have a cousin with downs syndrome, so people who have it hold a special place in my heart(:

    ReplyDelete