Friday, June 18, 2010

My Little Green Notebook

A few weeks ago I spent the weekend with an old family friend. She had come to visit me and my family for the first time in several years and we spent the time playing sports in the backyard, eating, giggling and driving around doing nothing.

During her visit, I noticed she carried a pretty planner/notebook with her wherever we went. At times she would take it out of her purse and jot down notes. I’m not sure about what, but I’m sure it was something beautiful (she happens to be one of the prettiest and sweetest girls in the world). Anyway, this inspired me to carry a notebook with me now wherever I go.



Now, whenever I have something non-practical or sentimental that I want to get down on paper, I write it in my little green flowered notebook. I write quotes from the book I’ve been reading, and lyrics from songs. I write funny things that people say, and random thoughts that come to me when I should be doing something useful. In a way I use it as a journal. I’m not sure I get anything out of my little green book, other than that writing in it seems somewhat therapeutic. Carrying it around with me gives me something pretty to look at, and I enjoy re-reading what I’ve written. It helps me deal with life when I can put my thoughts on paper. Just a thought.



3 comments:

  1. is the bottom picture your actual notebook? what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, lol I lost the charger to my camera so I can't take or upload any pictures right now. :( I just found these pictures on google. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrying a notebook is such a great idea, especially with pretty notebooks looking like the ones you showed us. I carry a travel notebook whenever I travel to another country...it's so useful. Hey, thanks for visiting me the other day and leaving such a sweet comment. Liking your new blog...keep at it!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete